Home → About Us
Are you ready to move forward with your life?
Moving Forward is a federally funded program for youth and young adults 16-25 who have mental health or co-occurring challenges that may impact their ability to transition successfully into adulthood.
Moving Forward strives to develop a coordinated service system that helps transition-age youth achieve success. The programs help each youth set personal goals and support them as they:
- Find a job or identify a career path.
- Achieve academic success and explore new learning opportunities.
- Achieve safe, supportive and nurturing living situations.
- Maintain positive physical and emotional well-being.
- Build strong connections to community and improve upon quality of life.
Benefits of Moving Forward: Why should a young person get involved?
- Maintain good physical, mental and emotional wellness
- Learn new skills
- Move toward independence
- Meet new people
- Connect with peers to support each other
- Gain leadership skills
- Have a voice in improving services and support for youth and young adults
Who can access services and where?
Moving Forward partners with mental health agencies in Cumberland, Androscoggin and Penobscot Counties. It serves youth and young adults who are between the ages of 16-25 and who may be:
- Homeless or at risk of homelessness
- Disconnected from family and community
- Currently struggling with their emotional well-being, substance use, and/or early symptoms of psychosis
News & Articles
- 5/10/2016: What do you think of our website?